Sri Lanka U20 drew 1-1 against Defenders in a practice match played at the Beddegana Football Training Complex on 16th July.
This practice match was played In preparation for the SAFF U20 Championship 2022 which will be held in India from 25th July – 5th August. At half time it was 0-0 and Defenders took the lead with 10 minutes to go till full time. However, Sri Lanka U20 fought back to equalize in the dying minutes of the game.
- Sri Lanka Football President Jaswar Umar elected to AFC & SAFF ExCo’s
- Serendib & New Star bounce-back; Saunders fail to impress
- Olawale scores five; Super Sun & Pelicans win
- Saunders humiliate Serendib; Matara & Negombo in narrow wins
- Mary’s ends Super Sun’s unbeaten run; Matara & Serendib cruise
- Sri Lanka go down to Maldives again
- Serendib & Matara City in close wins; SLTB upset St. Mary’s
- Hardworking Sri Lanka go down fighting to Thailand
Speaking on the match Head Coach Rajamani Devasagayam said,
“In this match I wanted to try out my 1st XI and the substitutes I have in mind. Most of these players haven’t played a 90-minute game in school level. After playing today’s match against a strong Defenders side, I realized that I have a decent enough squad to do well in the SAFF U20.
These are players from different Provinces, clubs & schools. They came here with different levels of training, and you need matches to build the team chemistry and I am happy with how they played today according to my plan. There are of course room for improvement, and we’ll achieve that in the next practice game.”