Sri Lanka Football President, Jaswar Umar has been elected to the Executive Committees of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) and South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) at the Annual Congress held in Dhaka, Bangladesh on 2nd July.
In an official media release by Sri Lanka Football stated,
Jaswar Umar has been instrumental in getting vast international support from numerous countries after being elected as President of Sri Lanka Football last year. He has made innovative changes to the beautiful game in Sri Lanka in the last few months which brought back new hope to Sri Lankan Football.
- Serendib & New Star bounce-back; Saunders fail to impress
- Olawale scores five; Super Sun & Pelicans win
- Saunders humiliate Serendib; Matara & Negombo in narrow wins
- Mary’s ends Super Sun’s unbeaten run; Matara & Serendib cruise
- Sri Lanka go down to Maldives again
- Serendib & Matara City in close wins; SLTB upset St. Mary’s
- Hardworking Sri Lanka go down fighting to Thailand
- Uzbekistan too good for toiling Sujan & co.
His appointment to the Asian Football body is expected to bring additional support to build stadiums and develop football in the villages. Jaswar Umar was accompanied by Ranjith Rodrigo, Vice President and Upali Hewage, Secretary-General of Sri Lanka Football, to the Congress.