The Football Federation of Sri Lanka (FFSL) has decided to postpone Week 6 of the Champions League 2022 due to the prevailing situation in the country.
- Sri Lanka Football President Jaswar Umar elected to AFC & SAFF ExCo’s
- Serendib & New Star bounce-back; Saunders fail to impress
- Olawale scores five; Super Sun & Pelicans win
- Saunders humiliate Serendib; Matara & Negombo in narrow wins
- Mary’s ends Super Sun’s unbeaten run; Matara & Serendib cruise
- Sri Lanka go down to Maldives again
- Serendib & Matara City in close wins; SLTB upset St. Mary’s
- Hardworking Sri Lanka go down fighting to Thailand
The media release from FFSL stated,
“Due to the government-imposed curfew from today (2022.07.14) 12:00 noon till tomorrow
(2022.07.15), this is expected to be continued further due to the prevailing crisis in the
Considering the safety and security of the players, officials, referees, and other organizers FFSL
hereby postpone the Champions League games scheduled on 15th, 16th & 17th July 2022 until further notice.
We urge you to stay safe and new dates will be informed in due course.”