Super Sun SC Beruwela was punished severely by the Football Federation of Sri Lanka for their actions in the Dialog Champions League match week 13 game against Renown SC at Sugathadasa Stadium.
The Football Federation of Sri Lanka (FFSL) has taken swift and strict action against Super Sun SC
In an inquiry days after the incident, the Club was slapped with heavy penalties including a ban from taking part in Dialog Champions League till 2021 and disqualification from the ongoing DCL2018.
The club now has made an appeal to the governing body to re consider the harsh punishment meted out to them and the punishments which await 10 members of the team.
In a letter addressed to the FFSL President Mr. Anura De Silva, the Club expressed regret about the incident which they were a part of on match day.
The letter goes on to state,
- They were unaware of the Article 8.1.3 and 8.1.4 of the DCL regulations 2018 even though they have received a copy of the regulation in 2016 and not the updated version for 2018.
- The opportunity to play was taken away by the match officials after they were given 15 minutes to re consider walking away. The match officials called off the match before they could reach an agreement.
- The Club will be losing the sponsorship deal which is going to benefit players from the area as well as future plans of the club due to the ban.
- The club has set up an internal investigation against the conduct of players and officials during the match to ensure similar incidents are not repeated. The report will be submitted to the FFSL in due course.
- The club requests that they be allowed to continue with the DCL2018 journey as the Club is the symbol of the town and it’s a way of life for many youngsters.
Speaking exclusive to ThePapare.com, head coach George Augustine said
“We have approached the FFSL in a friendly manner and appealed to re consider the punishments. We are hoping they will give a positive response in the coming days”
Stay logged on to ThePapare.com for more details.