44 teams from across the continent learned of their challengers after the AFC U20 Asian Cup Uzbekistan 2023 Qualifiers Draw held in Kuala Lumpur.
Scheduled for September 10 to 18, the 10 group winners and the five best runners-up will join hosts Uzbekistan in the 2023 Finals.
Korea Republic, who have won the title 12 times, was drawn into Group E with Malaysia, hosts Mongolia and Sri Lanka. Indonesia will host Group F with Vietnam, Hong Kong and Timor-Leste in the fray.
Saudi Arabia, champions in 2018, will have home advantage in Group A which also includes China PR, Myanmar, Maldives and Uzbekistan while Group B, to be hosted by Bahrain, also has Qatar, Bangladesh, Nepal and Bhutan.
Laos will host Japan, Yemen, Palestine and Guam in Group C while Group D consists of hosts Jordan, Chinese Taipei, Syria, Turkmenistan and the Northern Mariana Islands. Two-time champions Thailand will face hosts Oman, Philippines and Afghanistan in Group G, while Australia, hosts Iraq, India and Kuwait will vie for the top spot in Group H.
- Preliminary Squad for Asian Cup qualifiers announced; Waseem included
- Morrison, Stevens, Ferreira & Co. to drive Sri Lanka Football
- New Coaching Staff arrives in Sri Lanka
- Champions League Football & Volleyball Super League postponed indefinitely
- Andy Morrison appointed Head Coach of National Football team
- Amir Alagic set to leave Sri Lanka Football
- Kauko, Manvir score brace as ATK Mohun Bagan thrashes Blue Star 5-0
Tajikistan will welcome Cambodia, Lebanon and Singapore in Group I while the Kyrgyz Republic will hope to make their first appearance in the Finals since 2006 when they host Group J that includes United Arab Emirates, Islamic Republic of Iran and Brunei Darussalam.
- Group A: Saudi Arabia (H), China PR, Myanmar, Maldives, Uzbekistan
- Group B: Qatar, Bahrain (H),Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan
- Group C: Japan, Yemen, Palestine, Laos (H), Guam
- Group D: Jordan (H), Chinese Taipei, Syria, Turkmenistan, N. Mariana Islands
- Group E: Korea Republic, Malaysia, Mongolia (H), Sri Lanka
- Group F: Indonesia (H), Vietnam, Hong Kong, Timor-Leste
- Group G: Thailand, Oman (H), Philippines, Afghanistan
- Group H: Australia, Iraq (H), India, Kuwait
- Group I: Tajikistan (H), Cambodia, Lebanon, Singapore
- Group J: UAE, IR Iran, Kyrgyz Republic (H), Brunei Darussalam