Football Sri Lanka (FSL) has named a 35-member preliminary squad for the upcoming AFC Asian Cup 2023 Qualifiers to be held in Uzbekistan from 8th-14th June.
FSL has included Waseem Razeek in the squad even though he had earlier mentioned he won’t be participating in the qualifiers “due to some shortcomings from the management.”
President of FSL Jaswar Umar had this to say on his inclusion,
“He is in the squad. But we still don’t know whether he will come or not after his AFC (Asian) Cup games.”
The squad will travel to Qatar on 25th May for training before leaving for Uzbekistan.
- Morrison, Stevens, Ferreira & Co. to drive Sri Lanka Football
- New Coaching Staff arrives in Sri Lanka
- Champions League Football & Volleyball Super League postponed indefinitely
- Andy Morrison appointed Head Coach of National Football team
- Amir Alagic set to leave Sri Lanka Football
- Kauko, Manvir score brace as ATK Mohun Bagan thrashes Blue Star 5-0
- Blue Star stun Machhindra in AFC Cup qualifier
35-Member Preliminary Squad
Sujan Perera – Asikur Rahuman – Charitha Rathnayake – Harsha Fernando – Chalana Chameera – Tharmakulanathan Kajakopan – Mohamed Fazal – Mohamed Aakib – Kaveesh Lakpriya Fernando – Prabath Arunasiri – Chamod Dilshan – Abdul Basith – Mohamed Fayas – Mariyathas Nitharshan – Mohamed Murshid – Chathuranga Madushan – Nuwan Gimhana – Sebastianpillai Jesuthasan – T.Clintan – Shabeer Razooniya – Rasik Rishad – Dilip Pieris – Afeel Mohamed – Mohamed Shifan – Shenal Sandesh – Lasitha Fernando – Sasanga Dilhara – Aman Faizer – Mohamed Hasmeer – Tharindu Dhanushka – Vincent Geethan – Mohamed Musthaq – Jude Suman – Dillon de Silva – Waseem Razeek