Jude Suman was crowned the first ever ThePapare Most Popular Football Player of the Year 2021, after an intense 10 days of SMS voting.
Suman accumulated 170,627 SMS votes, while Duckson Puslas finished in 2nd place with 127,793 votes. Kavindu Ishan, who led in the initial few days, ended up in 3rd place with 122,589 votes.
The competition started off on 21st January with a Web Vote spanning five days. 81 Players were nominated for this from 17 clubs which competed in the Super League – Pre Season, Super League & represented Sri Lanka Senior and U23 National Teams.
- ThePapare Most Popular Football Player of the Year 2021 – Phase 2
- Sabaragamuwa stun Western Stars; Southern down Rajarata
- Northern continue winning ways; Eastern finally gets a win
- Nitharshan hat-trick powers Northern; Uva & Central fight
- Ceylon Provincial League Football tourney to kickoff tomorrow
- Gateway makes it a hat-trick against S. Thomas’
The top 20 from the web vote made it into Phase 2, which was the SMS round. It was held from 29th January to 8th February. In that Waseem Razeek finished 4th and Marvin Hamilton finished in 5th place.