City League President Cup 2023 began with two draws in the opening weekend at the City Football Complex.
Saunders v Java Lane
In the first game, defending champions Saunders drew 2-2 against Java Lane. Saunders scored first through Dilan Kaushalya De Silva deep into 1st half added time.
After the half time break Malaka Perera scored from the spot for Java Lane in the 63rd minute and Mohamed Safran gave them the lead in the 71st minute. 8-minutes from full time Suntharaj Niresh found the equalizer for Saunders.
- Five-star Navy crush Army for the championship
- Two late goals clinch the championship for Army
- Zahira demolish archrivals Hameed Al Husseinie to become champions
- Sri Lanka likely to lose Olympic & U23 Asian Cup qualifier spots
- Sports Minister suspends Sri Lanka Football
- 3 conditions to get the FIFA ban lifted
Colombo v Moragasmulla
A late penalty saw Colombo FC draw with Moragasmulla 1-1. Both teams failed to score in the 1st half before H.N. Dananjaya’s penalty gave Moragasmulla the lead in the 68th minute. Colombo were awarded a penalty in the 90th minute which was converted by Zarwan Johar.