FIFA Council has stated three (3) conditions the Football Federation of Sri Lanka will need to follow to get the FIFA ban lifted.
As stated by Fatma Samoura, Secretary General FIFA, in a letter to FFSL,
- Official and written exemption from the current national sports law to be legally granted to the FFSL/Sri Lankan football in order to guarantee the recognition and implementation of the newly adopted FFSL Statutes (22 September 2022)
- The FFSL administration to be fully in charge of the FFSL’s daily affairs until a new FFSL Executive Committee is elected as the elections of 14 January 2023 are not recognized by neither FIFA or the AFC.
- FIFA bans Sri Lanka Football
- Injunction order lifted but court case to be held on 21st February
- Temporary interim injunction against Sri Ranga & Co.
- Sri Ranga, new President of Sri Lanka Football
- Elections for a new FFSL Executive Committee to be organized as per the newly adopted FFSL Statutes (22 September 2022), by secret ballot and for a four-year mandate.
>>Click Here For more Football News <<