Election of the Sri Lanka Football Federation (FFSL) has been rescheduled to 29th September as per the directive from FIFA.
This was confirmed at the Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) held at the Foundation Institute on 14th August. Earlier it was scheduled to be held on September 16. However, FIFA in a letter dated 12th August has instructed on the electoral roadmap which would see the deadline for nominations on 19th August and the announcement of the official candidates on 29th August.
- Sri Lanka Football election on 16th September
- Sports Minister accepts FIFA conditions; Sri Lanka into World Cup qualifiers
- Sports Minister suspends Sri Lanka Football
- 3 conditions to get the FIFA ban lifted
- FIFA bans Sri Lanka Football
- Injunction order lifted but court case to be held on 21st February
Thereafter, objections can be filed from 1st to 3rd September and the final list will be announced on 4th September. Furthermore, a three-member election committee was also appointed. It will be headed by Former retired High Court Judge U.L.M. Majeed with the other members being Bandula Atapattu and retired General Upali Gunasekara.