Stylish wicket-keeper batter Sadeera Samarawickrama will lead the Sri Lanka ‘A’ team against Pakistan ‘A’ in two unofficial Tests and three unofficial ODIs, starting from 28th October.
26-year-old Samarawickrama has represented Sri Lanka in all three formats and will lead a strong 22-member contingent that consists of several national players such as Vishwa Fernando, Oshada Fernando, Lasith Embuldeniya and Asitha Fernando.
The youthful squad picked with an eye towards the future, includes includes former Sri Lanka U19 captain Nipun Dananjaya, wicket-keeper batter Kamil Mishara, exciting middle order batter Nuwanidu Fernando, fast bowler Himesh Ramanayake, and slow left-arm spinner Duvindu Tillakaratne.
- Pakistan ‘A’ squad for Sri Lanka tour announced
- Rumesh Rathnayake appointed Sri Lanka ‘A’ Head Coach
- Pakistan ‘A’ & Bangladesh U19s set to tour Sri Lanka
Strong performances in the recently concluded Dialog-SLC Invitational T20 League have earned maiden ‘A’ team call-ups for top order batter Lasith Croospulle, middle order batter Sahan Arachchige, wicket-keeper batter Nishan Madushka, left-arm seamer Kalana Perera and off-spinner Ashain Daniel.
Sri Lanka ‘A’ team is coached by former Sri Lankan fast-bowler Rumesh Ratnayake.
Sri Lanka ‘A’ Squad (Subject to Sports Minister Ratification) – Sadeera Samarawickrama (Captain), Lahiru Udara, Nishan Madushka, Kamil Mishara, Oshada Fernando, Lasith Croospulle, Nuwanidu Fernando, Nipun Dananjaya, Sahan Arachchige, Sammu Ashan, Lasith Abeyratne, Dhananjaya Lakshan (Subject to Fitness), Mohammed Shiraz (Subject to Fitness), Kalana Perera, Shiran Fernando, Asitha Fernando, Himesh Ramanayake, Vishwa Fernando, Lasith Embuldeniya, Suminda Lakshan, Ashain Daniel, Duvindu Tillakaratne
Sri Lanka ‘A’ vs Pakistan ‘A’ itinerary
- 1st Unofficial Test at Pallekele – 28th to 31st October
- 2nd Unofficial Test at Pallekele – 4th to 7th November
- 1st Unofficial ODI at Dambulla – 10th November
- 2nd Unofficial ODI at Dambulla – 12th November
- 3rd Unofficial ODI at Dambulla – 15th November