The Sri Lanka Emerging team will be touring Bangladesh for three 50-over matches and two 4-day matches this month (August).
According to the media release by the Bangladesh Cricket Board, Sri Lanka Emerging team is supposed to travel to Bangladesh on the 16th of August, with the first match of the tour scheduled to be held on the 19th of August at the Krira Shikkha Protisthan, Savar.
The Charith Aslanka led Sri Lanka Emerging team won their last 50-over assignment which was held in South Africa, as they were crowned champions of Tri-Series featuring the SA Emerging team as well as the University Sports South Africa XI. They lost the 2 match 4-day series 1-0.
This will be a great opportunity for the Sri Lanka Emerging players to adapt to the conditions in Bangladesh ahead of the 8-team Emerging teams’ Asia Cup which will be held in Bangladesh later this year (December).
The last time these two teams met, at the 2018 Emerging teams’ Asia Cup semi-final, Sri Lanka defeated Bangladesh by 4 wickets.
The Sri Lanka Emerging team is currently coached by former Sri Lanka fast bowler Chaminda Vaas.
Read More: Maduwantha, Embuldeniya stars in tame draw
Sri Lanka Emerging team will return to Sri Lanka on 7th September ending their 23-day long visit.
- 19 Aug – 1st 50-over match – Krira Shikkha Protisthan, Savar
- 21 Aug – 2nd 50-over match – Krira Shikkha Protisthan, Savar
- 24 Aug – 3rd 50-over match – Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium, Khulna
- 27-30 Aug – 1st 4-day match – Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium, Khulna
- 03-06 Sep – 2nd 4-day match – Sheikh Kamal International Cricket Stadium, Cox’s Baza