The Vidudaya Ritzbury Swimming Championships 2023 organized by the Sports Council and the Department of Physical Education of the University of Sri Jayewardenepura and powered by Ritzbury, Sri Lanka’s favorite chocolate brand of Ceylon Biscuit Limited, came to an end yesterday, crowning Triton Aquatics and St. Sebastian’s College Moratuwa as overall champions.
Triton swimmers won the Girls’ overall championship with 329 points, including 1 individual age group champion and the senior champions titles. Anula Vidyalaya Nugegoda were the runners-up with 259 points.
Sebs swimmers grabbed the Boys’ overall championship with 415 points including the senior championship. Triton finished 2nd with 337 points.
At the same time, the presentation ceremony awarded a total of 16 titles including 2 overall championships, 4 senior and junior team championships, and 10 individual championships.
Blue Wave Swimming Academy won the Girls’ junior category team championship and Accelerate Swimming Academy won the Boys’ title.
The 10 individual champions
- Under 10 Girls’ Champion – Sanumi Nehansa from Lyceum International School Panadura
- Under 10 Boys’ Champion – B.D. Silva from Butterfly Swimming Academy Galle
- Under 12 Girls’ Champion – Jithya Mettananda from Blue Wave Swimming Academy
- Under 12 Boys’ Champion – Chanuga Weerarathne from Blue Wave Swimming Academy
- Under 14 Girls’ Champion – Heshara De Silva from Lyceum International School Rathnapura
- Under 14 Boys’ Champion – A.I.M. Haathim from Triton Aquatics
- Under 16 Girls’ Champion – Nethali Outschoorn from Triton Aquatics
- Under 16 Boys’ Champion – M.F. Muhammad from Zahira College
- Under 18 Girls’ Champion – R.N.P. Maleesha from Leeds Aquatic Club Panadura
- Under 18 Boys’ Champion – Ean Jake from Triton Aquatics
Up next in the swimming calendar for the year 2023 is the National Age Group Championships 2023 from the 09th of June to the 12th of June at the Sugathadasa Swimming Pool Complex.