Sri Lanka registered a convincing win over South Africa in their 2nd game of the 3rd T20 World Cup Cricket for the Blind played today (09th December) at DDA Vasant Kunj Sports Complex in New Delhi.
After being put into bat first, Sri Lanka posted a mammoth score of 215/3 in the allotted 20 overs. Suranga Sampath, who guided Sri Lanka to victory against Australia with his all-round heroics in the last game, once again stole the limelight, scoring a brilliant century.
- Suranga Sampath’s all-round show hands Sri Lanka a thumping win over Australia
- Chaminda Vaas named head coach of Dhaka Dominators
Sampath stroked an unbeaten 101 runs off 61 balls with 9 fours at a strike rate of 165.57 while Chandana Deshapriya also played a crucial hand with 42 runs off 24 balls with 4 fours at a strike rate of 175.
In reply, South Africa posted only 161/6 in the allotted 20 overs as Sri Lanka clinched a 54-run win. Murugan Mohanraja was the pick of the bowlers for Sri Lanka as he bagged 3 scalps for 35 runs. Sampath’s match winning century earned him the player of the match award for the 2nd consecutive time.
Sri Lanka – 215/3 (20) Suranga Sampath 101*, Chandana Deshapriya 42, Upul Sanjeewa 21, Sahan Kumara 20
South Africa – 161/6 (20) Buhle Bhidla 47, Reme Kampher 32*, Lwande Bhidla 27, Murugan Mohanraja 3/35
Result – Sri Lanka won by 54 runs
Sri Lanka’s remaining fixtures at 3rd T20 World Cup Cricket for the Blind 2022
- vs Bangladesh | 10th December | 9.30 AM | Mumbai
- vs Pakistan | 11th December | 9.30 AM | Bangalore
- vs Nepal | 13th December | 9.00 AM | Bangalore Ground A
- vs India | 14th December | 10.00 AM | Goa