Sri Lanka national player Duckson Puslas has sadly passed away in Maldives.
His body was found in his apartment yesterday (26th Feb) evening. The 31-year-old was in the Maldives, playing for Club Valencia in the Dhivehi Premier League.
- Northern ends Eastern’s unbeaten run
- Sabaragamuwa draw first blood against Southern
- Sri Lanka in Group C for Asian Cup Qualifiers
- Semi Finals – Ceylon Provincial League 2022
- Wayamba Rajarata fight back to win; Sabaragamuwa rules home front
- Western & Southern draw; Southern into semis
There has been no official statement from the Maldivian Police or the Football Association of Maldives as to the cause of death, but it is suspected to be a suicide.
A message from Football Sri Lanka, on their official Facebook page read,
“It is with deep sorrow that we announce the passing away of Sri Lanka Football National Player Duckson Puslas in Maldives today.
Sri Lanka Football President, Jaswar Umar and FFSL wishes to extend our heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of Duckson Puslas. Our prayers are with you in this time of grief. May his soul Rest in Peace!!!”
Where to get help:
- National Mental Health Helpline – 1926 (toll FREE)
- CCCline – 1333 (toll FREE)
- Sri Lanka Sumithrayo – 0112696666
More to follow …