Left-arm spinner Prabath Jayasuriya has signed up to play in the Abu Dhabi T10 League 2019 which will commence on 15th November at the Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium.
Jayasuriya, who is a product of Lumbini College Colombo, debuted for Sri Lanka in 2018 in an ODI vs South Africa and has been a regular inclusion in the Sri Lanka A squad. Currently, the lefty is a mainstay in the Colts Cricket club.
With the Pakistan Cricket Board revoking no-objection certificates (NOCs) given to its players to feature in the T10 league, a few Sri Lanka players have gotten the opportunity to play in the T10 league as their alternatives and Jayasuriya is one of them.
The 3rd edition of the T10 league, which is organized by the Indian company T10 Sports Management, will feature 12 Sri Lankans this year including Sri Lanka T20I skipper Lasith Malinga. 27 year old Jayasuriya will play alongside Thisara Perera, Shehan Jayasuriya and mystery spinner Kevin Koththigoda for the Bangla Tigers.
Full list of Sri Lankans participating in the T10 League
- Bangla Tigers – Thisara Perera (Icon Player), Shehan Jayasuirya, Kevin Koththigoda, Prabath Jayasuirya
- Maratha Arabians– Lasith Malinga, Dasun Shanaka, Wanindu Hasaranga
- Team Abu Dhabi– Niroshan Dickwella
- Deccan Gladiators– Bhanuka Rajapaksa
- Delhi Bulls– Kusal Perera, Dushmantha Chameera
- Northern Warriors– Nuwan Pradeep