Shayanika Fernando walked away with the coveted HSBC Premier Golf Challenge Trophy for 2023 scoring 36 points with a better back nine over the weekend at the picturesque NuwaraEliya Golf Club (NEGC).
As overall winner and the overall winner for Ladies, C Division and Seniors Division Shayanika together with Kamlesh Johnpillai who walked away as the overall winner of Division A & B, will receive an all-expense paid trip to witness the 151st The Open to be held at Royal Liverpool in UK during the summer in 2023.
- HSBC’s Premier Golf tournament to tee off in NuwaraEliya
- Anura Rohana five strokes clear of the field at Victoria Golf Resorts
A record number of Premier Golfers (over 140) teed off at the NEGC at the 10th Annual HSBC Premier Golf event this year. Another feature that drew participation in numbers was the “Chip and Putt under the stars” pre-event held on 24th February at NEGC. The event was partnered by MasterCard and Allianz Insurance.
Winners & Awards
- Chip and Putt under the stars – Paulina Benita & Arjun Fernando
- Longest Drive – Noordeen Sethwala
- Nearest to the pin – John Head Rapson
- Runner-up Ladies – Maleena Awn 34 Points BB9
- Runner-up Seniors – M. Fazeel 26 Points
- Runner-up C division – Chaminda Prabath 33 Points
- Runner-up B division – Dr. Rohitha Silva 32 Points
- Runner-up A division – Kushal Johnpillai 33 Points
- Winner Ladies – Shayanika Fernando 36 Points
- Winner Seniors – Anura Lokuhetty 28 Points
- Winner C division – Dhammika Ranasinghe 36 Points
- Winner B division – Kamlesh Johnpillai 34 Points
- Winner A division – A.A Mahinda 33 Points BB9
- Main Awards of the HSBC Premier Golf Tournament 2023
- Overall Winner (Ladies, Seniors & C) – Shayanika Fernando 36 Points BB 9
- Overall Winner (A&B) – Kamlesh Johnpillai 34 Points
- HSBC Challenge Trophy – Shayanika Fernando 36 Points BB 9