The main event of the CR&FC Centenary celebrations, the CR&FC Centenary Rugby Sevens will be worked off at the CR&FC rugby grounds in Longdon Place Colombo 07 from 31st March to 2nd April.
The tournament draw of the competition was held today (23rd) at ‘Scrum Down’ at CR&FC with the participation of team officials and captains and the members of the organizing committee.
The first day of the event will feature the first-round round-robin games of the Schools segment. Twelve invited schools, who will be grouped into four groups of three, will play two games each to determine their place in the group. Day 01 will feature 11 round-robin games and the four Cup/Plate quarterfinals of the Schools segment.
Schools Segment Groups
- Group A – Royal College, St. Peter’s College, Wesley College
- Group B – Piliyandala MMV, Trinity College, St, Joseph’s College
- Group C – Zahira College, Vidyartha College, Isipathana College
- Group D – D.S Sennayake College, Kingswood College, S, Thomas’ College
Day 02 of the competition will feature the round-robin games of the Men’s and Women’s club segments with a total of 21 games lined up for the day. The eight men’s club teams will be divided into two groups of four and will play three games in the first round to decide the seedings for the final rounds. The six women’s teams will compete in a league format where teams play each other once. They will play three games on Day 02 and will play the remaining two games per team which will provide the final seeding that will determine the Cup, Plate, and Bowl finalists respectively.
Club Segment – Men’s Groups
- Group A – Kandy SC, Army SC, CR&FC, Police Sc
- Group B – Air Force SC, Havelocks SC, Navy SC, CH&FC
Club Segment – Women’s Groups
- Airforce SC , CR&FC, Women’s Club Australia, Army SC, Navy Sc, Doha Rugby Football Club
- Sri Lanka’s #1 Sports Hub www.ThePapare.com will be bringing you the live action of CR&FC Centenary Sevens on all three days, so watch this space!
>>CLICK HERE FOR FULL FIXTURE<<