Nothing tells a story it like pictures. Some captures at the Nidahas Trophy game between Bangladesh and Sri Lanka which ended in a brawl.
1. Not all heroes wear capes!
2. Perera & Sons steadied the ship
3. KJP in sublime form!
The little emulator Kusal Janith Perera was in fine form. 4 matches, 204 runs, the highest run getter in the tournament. Keeps taking us on a nostalgic run to a time when the great Sanath Jayasuriya smashed the bowlers of the world all around the park.
4. Fighting maiden 50 for Captain Thisara
What better time to bring up your first 50 in t20 internationals! Captain Thisara Perera (Sri Lankan hero now for more reasons than one)amassed a 37-ball 58 last night after coming in when the team was five down for 41.
5. Udana outruns Mushfiqur
6. “The lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinions of the sheep”In his singular appearance on the field, Bangladeshl water-boy roused tensions on the field after match umpire reversed a no-ball delivery, trying to agitate the Lankan skipper who calmly held his stance.
7. Mahmudullah breaks the Lankan hearts!
With six needed in the last two deliveries, Mahmudullah flicks Isuru Udana’s fifth ball in the 20th over backward square to take Bangladesh to the final of the Nidahas Trophy throwing hosts Sri Lanka out.